Cap Gemini S.A.
Compartment A – NYSE Euronext Paris (France)
Common share ISIN code: FR0000125338 – CAP
PURPOSE OF THE OFFERING
This offering of shares is reserved for the employees of Capgemini, and its French and foreign subsidiaries who are members of the Group Savings Plans.
This transaction, which is offered to approximately 96% of the Group’s employees, is part of a policy to associate all employees with the Capgemini Group’s development and performance.
At the Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting of May 26, 2011, the shareholders of
Cap Gemini authorized the Board of Directors to increase the share capital of the company of up to a maximum amount of 6,000,000 shares, in connection with this offering.
In accordance with this authorization, the Board of Directors approved the offer in principle on February 15, 2012, and delegated to the Chief Executive Officer the powers required for its implementation.
According to the projected time line, the Chief Executive Officer, acting on the delegation granted upon him by the Board of Directors, will decide on the final terms and conditions of the plan on August 27, 2012, notably the subscription price of the newly-issued shares. The subscription price will be equal to 85% of the Reference Price.
In accordance with the provisions of Article L. 3332-19 of the French Labor Code, the Reference Price is equal to an average of the share prices of the Cap Gemini share on the compartment A of NYSE Euronext Paris during the twenty (20) trading days preceding the decision of the Chief Executive Officer, i.e., July 30, 2012 to August 24, 2012.
The subscription / retractation period will be opened from August 28 until August 30, 2012. During this period, the employees will be able to withdraw their request to subscribe that was submitted during the reservation period ending on June 29, 2012.
The new shares will be entirely assimilated into the existing common shares comprising Cap Gemini’s share capital. These shares will carry right to dividends distributed in respect of periods as from January 1, 2012. The capital increase is scheduled for September 27, 2012.
CONDITIONS OF THE SUBSCRIPTION
- Beneficiaries of the share offering reserved for employees: the beneficiaries of the offering are employees of companies of the Capgemini Group who are members of the Group Savings Plans regardless of the nature of their employment contract (fixed or indefinite term length, full or part time employment) and that are able to justify a three-month seniority by the end of the subscription period, i.e., August 30, 2012.
- Terms and conditions of the subscription: the shares will either be subscribed to directly or through an FCPE (Fonds Commun de Placement d’Entreprise), in accordance with applicable regulatory and/or tax legislation in the various countries of residence of the capital increase beneficiaries.
- Subscription formula: employees will be able to subscribe to Cap Gemini shares within the framework of a unique formula called leveraged and guaranteed, allowing the employee to benefit from a guarantee on their investment made into this plan. In certain countries, employees will be allocated Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) by their employer, the amount of which will be indexed in accordance with a formula similar to the one offered under the leveraged formula.
- Lock up period applicable to the Cap Gemini shares or to the corresponding FCPE units: the subscribers to the offer shall hold either the shares subscribed to directly, or the corresponding units of the FCPEs, during a five-year period, except in the event of an authorized early exit.
- Exercising voting rights attached to the shares: when shares are subscribed to, then held, via the intermediary of an FCPE, voting rights attached to these shares will be exercised by the relevant FCPE Supervisory Board; when shares are subscribed to directly by employees, voting rights will be exercised individually by the relevant employees.
The implementation of the leveraged guaranteed offering may lead the financial institution structuring the offer (Société Générale), to undertake hedging transactions, in particular as of the beginning of the fixing period of the reference price, i.e., July 30, 2012, and over the entire course of the plan.
The request to list the newly-issued Cap Gemini shares to trading on the same line of the compartment A of NYSE Euronext Paris (ISIN code: FR0000125338), as the existing shares will be made as soon as possible following the completion of the capital increase scheduled to take place on September 27, 2012.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING THE INTERNATIONAL OFFERING
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of offers to subscribe to Cap Gemini shares. The offering of Cap Gemini shares reserved for employees will be conducted only in countries where such an offering has been registered with or notified to the competent local authorities and/or following the approval of a prospectus by the competent local authorities or in consideration of an exemption of the requirement to prepare a prospectus or to proceed to a registration or notification of the offering.
More generally, the offering will only be conducted in countries where all required filing procedures and/or notifications have been completed and the required authorizations have been obtained.
For all questions regarding this offering, the beneficiaries may address their Human Resources contact person and/or any other person specified in the documentation submitted to employees.
With around 120,000 people in 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2011 global revenues of EUR 9.7 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini